Sunday, July 19, 2009

This week in China

Ni-Hao,

I can't believe that we have been here for 3 weeks!  I don't even want to think about coming home. We have been so blessed by each child that we have seen and played with.  Most of the week we stayed at SFCV.  We did take Jeff to Wal-mart and a Schezhuan resturant this was at Eric's request!  It was hot, hot, hot!! but very good.

 

This week I taught the Kindergarten kids, 6 of the kids from the clinic and the school kids.  The kids LOVE to have Art class.  Since we have been here for quite a while the kids see me coming and get so excited.  When I go into the classes the teacher usually speaks enough English to be able to translate for me.  The teacher from the clinic-Daisy-does not speak much English so, charades and the few Art words that I have learned came in handy.  I am getting the hang of speaking some Chinese now.  These clinic students are ages 3-5, I had them painting and it was messy and they had a blast!! They were sticking their fingers in the paint and trying to eat it!!

The Kindergarten kids painted too..there are 10 of them.  They had fun but, we had a few messes.  For those of you that know "Moses"- Shan Bei is his Chinese name- he is about 8 or 9 and deaf and is handful at times.  Mary Morgan started pouring the paint into the trays and Moses grabbed the bottle, fast as lighting and squirted it everywhere.  The teacher just shook her head and the ayi cleaned it up.  Then Zander, who is autistic, came into the room, painted and then dumped his water everywhere!!  He was escorted out of the room.   Moses saw this happen, thought it was funny and did the same thing!!  He was put into timeout and just smiled.  The kids did a really good job.  I am attempting to attach a picture of the class.

 

Carter has been helping out in Physical and Occupational Therapy.  He keeps the babies occupied while the therapists work with them.  For instance, he squeeks a toy to keep the baby awake, he talks to the older kids and makes them laugh and after everyone leaves it becomes his own littel work out room!  He really has been a help  to them.

 

That is all for now..keep the prayers coming!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment