Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ni-hao from SFCV

Thursday afternoon during Art we made crosses out of Sculpey clay. Each of the 8 students created their own cross. It is interesting to teach to kids that only understand about 1/10 of what you say!! The teacher repeats what I say to the kids and the kids work. Jamison is 11 years old and was in an accident a few years ago and was severely burned on his face and blinded. He has had several sugeries to repair his nose and face. He can only see things that are about 2 inches in front of his face. All of the kids made the crosses then were instructed to decorate them as they wanted. Jamison was making a person..I thought this was odd at first. A few minutes later he had put that person on the cross. He said "This is Jesus" on the cross. I started to well up with tears. Here is this special needs blind orphan and he is making Jesus our Saviour on the cross. It was amazing! The cool part of this story is...Jamison's family is coming to "get" him next week. I can't wait! How exciting!!!

We ate dinner at BaiWeiYuan- 100 flavors. We are getting good at ordering. One of the wonderful Chinese staff members-Shelby- made us "cheat sheet menus" so we can venture out by ourselves. So far we go with other Americans that are here. Carter and MM like the rice, s/s pork and donuts. (we have eaten here 4 times now) dinner including Coke, runs around 26 yuan which is about 3.75 US dollars!!! cool!

This morning we helped the Springfield with a craft. MM promised a few little girls to paint their toenails today and they did not forget. We painted about 100 toes!! They were too cute!

Posting pictures is very slow...1 pic at a time. I am working on a solution for this. I have soooooo many cute ones to share.

Keep the prayers a comin! We love ya'll

2 comments: