Tuesday, July 14, 2009

catching up....from China


Sorry it has taken so long to update. I have had major connection issues with the device I brought with me.  Jeff (and Eric Angel-our Missions Director) arrived in Beijing on Sunday pm at midnight.  I was very happy to see them.  Jeff brought me a laptop that we are borrowing from a friend..THANKS GRANDY!!

 

Jeff had adjusted well to his new surroundings.  He did wake up at 5am today and want to get up..typical of drastic time changes..he went back to sleep and hopefully his body is adjusted.  We have been busy teaching Art to the kids and creating Art work.  The older kids that we teach everyday are ages 6-14.  There are 8 of them.  They see me come in the door and yell "Hello, Teacher Dawn-a" They are too cute.  We have made several paintings, worked with clay and are working on some really cool crosses.  I hope everyone will be ready to buy some unique Christmas gifts when we get back..hint.hint!!

 

I am going to post several different post today in hopes to add some pictures.  I have had to be creative in posting bec/ several website are blocked from here..FB and blogger!!  Our 2 main communication tools.  Thanks for your prayers- keep em' comin'!!

 

This pic was taken this morning!!!

 

 

 

1 comment: