This unfortunately is our next to last day in China. It is going to be very hard to leave Friday morning. We have bonded so here with the kids and staff! Today has already been busy. We witnessed the Solar Eclispe this morning. It was neat to watch. It got cloudy toward the end of it.
Our family took the Elementary class to McDonald's today. A few other "foreigners" went with us and the teacher of the class. We bought lunch for 10 kids and 5 adults and it was only $34.00. It was a blast. These kids only get McDonalds 1-2 times a year. Some of them even got seconds. Timothy was eating the packs of ketchup and a lot of them dipped their fries in the sweet and sour sauce!! This was a very special treat for them. I only have 2 more classes with them- today and tomorrow. We were all suppose to go to Forbidden City tomorrow but, Mary Morgan and I have decided that we are going to stay here to see the kids 1 more day!! Jeff and Carter will go with the group.
I have attached 4 pics. I hope they all come through. 1- Kids, Teacher Wang and our family at McDonald's, 2- Our family with Tim Baker- founder of SFCV (plus Stevie the dog-"goa"), 3- Joseph double fisting his 2nd burger, 4- solar eclipse from China!!
Please pray that our last 2 days here will be to the glory of God, that we will cherish every moment here and that I can get everything packed back in the suitcases. Until tomorrow!
Dawn,
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving me the link to this blog. How wonderful that you were able to spend one month at PHF! Thanks, too, for praying for our little one. It encourages my heart to know that you are speaking to Him on our behalf.