Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Garage Sale

So, we had the dreaded GARAGE SALE this weekend. Yes, I agree, they are a lot of work! Thanks to Dave, Molly, Amy and Jennifer for donating items-it really helped! People were here at 6:30am circling the driveway- I had to hide behind a table at one point so I could finish hanging some things! At 6:50am the 1st people came rolling in as soon as they saw activity. Some people were looking for specific items-jewelry, lawn mowers, 8 tracks, potty chairs:); and others just wanted to browse! I had a few items that I listed on Craigslist with the add and people actully came to buy those items!! Craigslist works!!! Mary Morgan and Carter sold popscicles for 25cents each! The day went by fast and at the end we where tired! A neighbor pulled up and wanted to "buy me out" at the end! He gave us $10 for every garbage bag full of clothing, misc household, books, videos, stuffed animals and shoes! His church uses these for incentives for inner city family to work with their kids and read! The books are going to an inner city school and household items to people in that same area that have house fires and tragedy. It was a win-win situation!! He took 14 bags!! He asked many questions about our trip and why I wanted to go to China and serve..why not in my own city! I told him that God has a place for EVERYONE to serve, it can be across town, across the state, across the world or in your own backyard!! See, you can witness at a Garage Sale!! I knew we needed roughly $1000 to cover the rest of our expenses for the trip and prayed that we would get it, Jeff prayed for $550 -he is too modest. When all was counted we had $948.76 to take to the bank!!! How cool is that!! The very next day my sister walked in with $50 for us!! there was the $1000 we needed!!! Go is SO GOOD!!!! We were very exhausted but, it was fun and worth it! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment